MTA Customer Promise
MTA members looking after MTA customers
Since 1917, MTA has built a credible profile and has a long-established reputation for excellence. MTA members are known as professional, reliable and trustworthy.
MTA members have to meet strict criteria and are bound by a Code of Ethics and a Customer Promise. If you are looking to fix, fuel, or purchase a vehicle, simply look for the MTA sign or search online to find a member near you.
Code of Ethics
MTA members are bound by a strict Code of Ethics.
MTA requires that each member will:
- Provide customers with high quality and honest service.
- Work with integrity and adhere to MTA rules, bylaws and policies.
- Ensure all business activities comply with relevant environmental laws and regulations.
- Are good employers: complying with employment laws and providing training.
- Ensure all advertising is accurate and not misleading.
- Ensure all business dealings meet industry best practice.
- Always work to positively promote the interests of the MTA brand.
- Maintain accurate and proper financial and legal records and carry out all business transactions in a professional manner.
- Price goods and services fairly and avoid deceptive pricing – adhere to relevant consumer laws.
- Respond to all customer enquiries and seek to resolve any complaints.
- Provide a safe work environment: considering staff wellbeing; managing stress; providing safe facilities, equipment and protection from hazardous substances; and providing safe work practices and ensuring they are always used and adhered to.
- Proactively uphold MTA Standards and actively engage with requests by MTA to measure and maintain these standards.
Our promise to you
Members make a promise to all customers to:
- Provide superior service
- Stand by their work
- Work ethically
Our MTA Customer Promise is now within the Membership Critieria booklets. Head to our MTA Standards page for more information >>
In the event of a disagreement, customers can use MTA's Mediation Service to help resolve the issue.
The service is intended to address customer grievances with MTA members quickly, effectively and fairly. Learn more here >>
MTA members have an easy-to-understand warranty
The MTA Dealer Warranty and Repairer Warranty will give you the confidence you need to get back on the road. These are located in the Dealer New Membership Criteria Booklet and Repairer New Membership Criteria Booklet on our MTA Standards page >>